I built the ultimate picnic table HF vertical


 Here's another fascinating HF antenna for your next POTA-SOTA operations.

According to Sean of the "Dude Tested" website, this portable HF antenna system is "the ultimate picnic table HF vertical."

This antenna is easy to build, deploy, and take down.  Sean provides a visual display of all the materials needed to make this antenna a reality.

This elevated vertical antenna could also be useful on small urban lots or in deed-restricted housing.

If you can't see the video, please insert this title URL into your browser search box:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7y4Ht-g85Y.

Thanks for joining us today.

Russ Roberts (KH6JRM/AL0HA).

Here are some comments from Sean:

Stuff You should know - -There is a 3/8-24 slot, so you could use a telescopic antenna, I don't because it's not as portable. Other videos that will help you / could help you understand what is happening here. I can't repeat the same thing on every video. Multiband Vertical "DX Commander" 👉👉👉👉    • Build your own DX Commander! Multi-Band Ve...   Hamstick Commander 👉👉👉👉    • The HAMSTICK Commander - Build a Multiband...   DX Commando 👉👉👉👉    • DX COMMANDO: Building a Fully Portable Ver...   👉👉👉👉    • I Made a Portable, No Mast Multiband Verti...   What is a Performer? 👉👉👉👉    • How to Build a High-Performance Vertical P...   👉👉👉👉    • SIMPLE 4 Band, 1/4 Wave, No Mast Multiband...   _____ https://whiteriverradio.com/wp-conten... - KJ6ER Info on a PERformer My video on building a PERformer -    • How to Build a High-Performance Vertical P...   ___________________________ What is this button on My FT891 -    • I Taught My Dog To Use A Ham Radio   Super Clamp Videos -    • Super Clamp For Ham Radio!  Antenna and Ra...      • Video   ______________________________ What I used for the super clamp combo / where to get (non affiliate link) - https://www.adorama.com/fpxcp06main.html https://www.adorama.com/kukg001412.html Where can I get that Army bag ? https://colemans.com/u-s-g-padded-car... Where can get that Green Medic Bag? -    • Ham Radio Tactical Backpack: An Alternativ...   is the video where I compare it and - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_c42... is the affiliate link to buy. It's NSN# 1240-01-561-5862 Amazon Links -
  • Clamp from amazon (Affiliate) which may work:
https://amzn.to/423ljYh
  • Wire Used - https://amzn.to/4wh15WD
  • 20ft rg8x - https://amzn.to/4vGLFel
  • Carbon Fiber Mast, Spike Kits, POTA Pounder, metal Winder at www.hamradiodude.com. If the store is closed or an item is out of stock, check ANNOUNCEMENTS. For example, store will re open Mid July 2026, masts will be back in stock October 2026
Where can I antenna Calculator like a boss? https://www.73qrz.com/ Blah blah blah Law stuff...blah blah - Affiliate Disclosure Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase through those links. I only recommend products and services that I personally use, have tested, or genuinely believe provide value to the ham radio community. Any commissions earned help support the channel, sometimes give my dog a pup cup, fund future projects, and allow me to continue creating free content. Thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antenna coax cable window pass through-Radio/TV

I built a US military TEFV HF Field Antenna

Build an EASY 6 Meter (50 MHz) Vertical Antenna